What's new

Jailbreaking 6.1.4 on windows 8?

Taco_Crisma

Reaction score
Hello all,

Trying to jailbreak my iphone 5 on 6.1.4. I swapped out my handset with apple due to a faulty power button and was overjoyed when I saw that it powered on with ios6.

I am trying to jailbreak it, and it seems like my only option is posixpwn. I tried the latest version 1.0.7, but it will not work on Windows 8.

Tried:
- running as admin
- running as admin with compatibility for XP
- running as admin with compatibility for Windows 7
- disabling Data Execution

No matter what I do, as soon as the program says "rebooting iphone" windows will give me the "posixpwn has stopped working.." message.

Any ideas or alternatives?

A pre-req is missing. I don't know the exact list, but I'd say Net Framework 4.0+ (including all pre-releases of Net Framework) and C++ redistributed comes to mind as what you should install to see if that resolves it. The one downside of Windows 8 is that it doesn't tell you what specifically you're missing at the start of the program, and even if you run diagnostics to find the issue, it still won't tell you in 9 out of 10 cases.

If possible, use a non-Windows 8 computer such, because it can take hours just installing OS add-ons until you get them all down.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just tried installing on a windows vista and windows XP machine with no success. Is there any other way to jailbreak 6.1.4?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just tried installing on a windows vista and windows XP machine with no success. Is there any other way to jailbreak 6.1.4?

The only way to jailbreak 6.1.4 is to use p0sixspwn unfortunately