What's new

Itunes wifi sync

loobs72

Reaction score
As anyone done a wifi sync yet? How long did it take? Mine has been on step 6 of 6 for an hour and a half now. Not sure if I should just unplug it if it is stuck?

I have an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 all syncing. After the first initial sync it usually finishes up within a few minutes if you plug it in at least once a day.

Skull One said:
I have an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 all syncing. After the first initial sync it usually finishes up within a few minutes if you plug it in at least once a day.

Mine has been syncing for over 2 hours now. How long did your first one take?

I did a backup while the device was plugged into iTunes. Then I added an app on each device and then test sunk it over WiFi. The extra time was for sending the app to iTunes and then downloading any apps that had been sunk by a device before it. So maybe 10 minutes tops.

If you didn't do a sync prior, it could take a while to download all the apps back to the PC.

I have had to unplug it now as going to bed and need the phone for the alarm. It has been plugged into iTunes and wifi syncing for over 3 hours and sticks on last step. It did the same when I tried it yesterday. I just don't know what to do?

The good news is you will do no damage to the phone. And I doubt you will do any harm to iTunes. So at worst that one backup may not be 100%.

I think this might be what is stopping my phone and iPad syncing though. I have added an app on my iPad but it has not appeared on the phone. Isn't this supposed to happen over the air or am I supposed to specifically do something? This is driving me mad.

It should transfer from the device that downloaded it to iTunes and then sync from iTunes to the new device. You can also turn on an iOS 5 feature that allows you to mirror all downloads from iTunes automatically regardless of the iTunes backup setting.

Go thru all the settings. You will see what I am referring to.