What's new

Itunes, no photo icon at device.

learjet45

Reaction score
Trying to copy photos from my PC to my Iphone 4. My phone is shown under 'device's in Itunes on my PC, but there is no photo icon anywhere that would allow me to do this.

Click on your iPhone in the Devices listing, a Summary window will open up, click on the PHOTOS tab at the top of the window. If you would like to maintain the folders you have or make new folders, try the following.

To make new folders:

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to
the iPad. Then sync them.

To use existing folders:

Follow the above, except, don't change the "My Pictures" just leave it there. Now select the "Selected folders" box. Now you will be able to find the folders you already have listed below. Just check the ones you want and sync.

If you are like me, and have hundreds it not thousands of pictures, you need to pick and choose the ones you really want or you will fill up your iPhone really fast. The reason for this it that iTunes and the iPhone won't allow you to make folders on the iPhone, so you have to do it on the PC or Mac.

There is no photos tab when clicking on the phone icon. When I click on the phone icon, i get the registration screen, but I'm already registered, have the password, and they have my source for buying from the store and my account is as it should be .

With your phone, turned on, connected to your computer with the USB cable, open iTunes. and in the left hand column. look for the sub title labled DEVICES, and then click on the icon below it that says "(your name's) iPhone, now the SUMMARY page will open. There are tabs across the top of this window, the last tab on the right is the "PHOTOS" tab.

Guys, there is a phone icon that has my phone name. This is under DEVICES.
So far so good, but when I click on that phone icon the stuff all of you say is there isn't. That click takes me to the phone registration page. Maybe I should uninstall itunes, reinstall and that hopefully will correct this glitch.

Just read that uninstalling itunes is a major beotch so I won't be doing that.

Download the latest version of iTunes and install over the current iTunes, will most likely correct any problems.

Register the Iphone while you have that screen up, then the registration screen will go away. See what happens after that step.

I've tried that but may try it again. Okay, I'm using Mozilla Firefox, and the latest version of Windows . Could there be some setting in the media player that could be causing this? By the way, the phone is fine, apps work, etc. I have 76 songs shown with checkmarks and they all play in the itunes window. I very much appreciate all of the tips you guys are giving!!!!!!!!! :)

I just went into devices and there is a phone icon and the driver icon. Everything is working properly according to the info in properties. One thing I noticed was that the phone is shown as a 'camera', hmmmmmmmmmm. ???

I am curious as to what you are seeing on your screen in Itunes. How about a screen shot? Here is mine, and you can see the photo tab in Itunes.

Help14.png

Last edited:
This is at the stage where it's getting kinda funny. Somehow (after messing with this thing since 3:30am EST) I got the phone icon working and low and behold, there is the music drop down at my phone icon in itunes as all of you said it should, yaaaaaay! I then go up to 'file' and then click on 'sync phone'. I'm ecstatic as the progress bar is moving across, then I get this......

"cannot sync phone, unknown error -53" WTF? The saga continues!

even though you are getting that error, more than likely your phone is synced correctly. Double check your phone. Are you running windows 7? If so, more than likely your Phone synced correctly. Just click "OK" when you get that error.

Last edited: