What's new

iTunes dummy

azonie

Reaction score
Still new at iTunes. But what does it mean when I start iTunes and it say at top downloading 29 items. They all appear to be apps on iPhone. Been long time since I opened iTunes.

Ate these apps I have downloaded since last opened iTunes.

Is it putting back up copy in iTunes.

Don't want to mess up what is already on iPhone.

Yes. Everything you have purchased gets downloaded to iTunes. This is your backup copy for anything you own whether or not you have it on your phone at the moment.

If you own an iPad or iPod touch you can also install your apps from iTunes if you choose to do so. When you have bought an app it is available for all compatible devices.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

How do I back up iPhone and iPad on iTunes without getting the two devices mixed up in iTunes and therefore getting iPad stuff on iPhone and iPhone stuff on iPad.

They won't get mixed up. iTunes recognizes each device and syncs it according to your instructions. Just make sure automatic syncing is turned off and you keep full control of what is going on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

They won't get mixed up. iTunes recognizes each device and syncs it according to your instructions. Just make sure automatic syncing is turned off and you keep full control of what is going on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net
Great thanks for input. How do I make sure auto sync is turned off?

I'll have to get back to you when I'm at home. I'll run through setting up iTunes with you while I'm at my computer. I don't want to try to do it from memory.

I should be home by Saturday. By the time you're done, iTunes shouldn't gave too many surprises for you.

Thanks appreciate your help. iTunes can be a little intimidating

Anybody know how I make sure auto sync is turned off / and/ or how to turn off. Also assume when I click sync it backs up from iPhone to iTunes but not from iTunes to iPhone.

Open itunes and go to Edit and then Preferences. I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's there. It's a good idea to look through all of the preferences and see what settings you might prefer.

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this. I lost the thread, but I took some screenshots to show where you can find this stuff.

Unfortunately the images are too big to upload here. I wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:
. Also assume when I click sync it backs up from iPhone to iTunes but not from iTunes to iPhone.

OK going to order the iPhone and wife will take over iPhone 4.
This raises some real questions.
1. How do I get everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5?
2. Want to leave everything that is now on iPhone 4 on the iPhone 4 for wife.
3. How do I get contacts from wife old phone to iPhone.
4. How do I get everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5

On a Mac, open iTunes, then using the top menu iTunes/Preferences/Devices. Note checkbox at bottom of page.

OK going to order the iPhone and wife will take over iPhone 4.
This raises some real questions.
1. How do I get everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5?
2. Want to leave everything that is now on iPhone 4 on the iPhone 4 for wife.
3. How do I get contacts from wife old phone to iPhone.
4. How do I get everything from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5

Hi there -I just deleted your other posts x 2, which was duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

Sorry I just thought the other thread description was more to the subject