What's new

Is there an app for..?

Mike199024

Reaction score
hiding/unhiding contacts?

hiding apps and disabling data so the app wont receive notifications etc?

No. There is no such app. You can, however, use the "Guided Access" feature in accessibility to perhaps perform some if what you would like to do. It's not the best solution, but there is nothing else, other than locking your phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Okay thank you
smile.png
is there anyway to have people on facetime but not show there email in the contacts app?

Okay thank you
smile.png
is there anyway to have people on facetime but not show there email in the contacts app?
If a person FaceTimes you from their iPhone, their phone number will appear in your contacts instead of their email address.

Okay, i'm struggling with adding all my photos from the laptop to my phone, i've synced them and they have gone to my phone however, when i try to edit/move or delete the synced ones it won't let me, same goes for the albums.. anyway around this?

Okay, i'm struggling with adding all my photos from the laptop to my phone, i've synced them and they have gone to my phone however, when i try to edit/move or delete the synced ones it won't let me, same goes for the albums.. anyway around this?
Photos synced to your iPhone from your computer can only be deleted by removing them from the folder on the computer and syncing the iPhone to update the photos.

okay thank you for that, if buying an iphone app from the app store, if the app doesn't work for my phone or isn't what i expected.. can i get a refund? if i deleted the app within such a time? last question this now

Is there a way i can access the settings app if i deactive spotlight to search for apps?

I've hidden a few apps away from the kids and dont want them to be able to search for them, however if i deactivate finding apps in the spotlight search i won't be able to open the settings app as ive hidden that to.. does the "prefs:" shortcuts work on ios7?

Also, is there a way to make the phone prefer wifi connection to cellular? just dont want my data draining

any tips?

Last edited:
hiding/unhiding contacts?

hiding apps and disabling data so the app wont receive notifications etc?
Wish there was
In iTunes Store login
iTunes 12.0.1.26
Click your name top right
Drop down purchases
  1. Choose a content type by clicking Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from the top of the window.
  2. A list of your purchased items for the content type you are viewing will appear. Mouse over the item you want to hide until an X appears its top-left corner.
    itunes_store-hide.png
  3. A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the X.

This only hides apps on PC
Not phone

iTunes Store Hiding and unhiding purchases - Apple Support