What's new

Is the SIM card in iPhone 3GS removable?

jwchrist5

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Thailand and would like to replace my SIM card for one purchased over there. Can anyone tell me if the SIM card in the iPhone 3GS is removable and if so, how do I open the phone in order to replace it?

On the top edge of your 3GS is the headphone port and lock button. Between those is a small slot w/ an even smaller pin hole. Place a paper clip into that pin hole and press. Some sim trays pop out easily and others require a bit more force. So, don't worry if you need to put a little elbow into it. :) Quesion... is your 3GS properly unlocked to work w/ the Thai sim card?

I will be traveling to Thailand and would like to replace my SIM card for one purchased over there. Can anyone tell me if the SIM card in the iPhone 3GS is removable and if so, how do I open the phone in order to replace it?
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

On the top edge of your 3GS is the headphone port and lock button. Between those is a small slot w/ an even smaller pin hole. Place a paper clip into that pin hole and press. Some sim trays pop out easily and others require a bit more force. So, don't worry if you need to put a little elbow into it. :) Quesion... is your 3GS properly unlocked to work w/ the Thai sim card?

Thanks for the reply. The phone is not unlocked, I was reading how to do it and I think I would be better off leaving the 3GS alone and picking up a smart phone when I'm over there.