What's new

Is it worth getting an iPhone 4?

SaintBran

Reaction score
The phone I have on my plan has just broke again and I'm sick of it completely and I want to get a different phone to use for my plan which expires in September. It's an Android and I'm thinking of getting an iPhone. I can get a used iPhone 4 16gb in good condition for about $250-$300 but is it worth it? I don't want to spend a lot on a phone and the iPhone 4s would be at a price I don't really want to pay. I just really want a phone to see out my contract. But I don't want to get an iPhone 4 if it's no good or too outdated. Any suggestions? Thanks.

iPhone 4 is a good phone, but it all depends on what you use your phone to do, in my opinion for that price I think the IPhone 4 would be a good buy plus they keep their prices, I find any iPhone better than android phone, it's just the ios operating system works brilliantly, and apple don't bring new phones out every 2/3 months, I had the iPhone 4 very good phone then I upgraded to iPhone 5

The thing I'm most fussed about a phone is the speed. I use the internet on there a fair bit and I use those apps where you get free calls and texts over your internet. So good reception is also something I want and I know the iPhone 4 had some issues with that.

Most people when they buy an iPhone they buy a case to go with it. And then There is no problem

SaintBran said:
The thing I'm most fussed about a phone is the speed. I use the internet on there a fair bit and I use those apps where you get free calls and texts over your internet. So good reception is also something I want and I know the iPhone 4 had some issues with that.

When I'm in a good coverage area my 4s works great. Web browsing is very fast on 3g. Not sure about internet calling because i do not use it. It does not perform well in low coverage areas though. Internet will slow to almost non existent and I drop calls and people have a hard time hearing me. My razr performed excellent in these low coverage areas but then again, Motorola has been in the phone business much longer than apple. Overall I'm very pleased with my 4s performance though.

Just remember 2 things. The iPhone 4 is still on a single core processor as opposed to the dual core on the 4S and above, so as for speed, don't expect overwhelming speeds. And, when buying phones online, make sure that the sellers are guaranteed distributors that will replace or repair if anything happens to it within a set period of time to ensure that it's not stolen or reported stolen

when you say speed are talking about internet speed? cause if so the 4/4s is not a 4g lte phone. so a 5s would have much faster internet speeds. but you would also have to check with your provider and see if they do indeed have 4g lte in your area. if not then a 4/4s would be a good choice.

I have a iPhone 4 and my sis has got a 4s for everyday use ie surfing ,games,messaging ,and using for phone calls even listening to music there is no noticeable difference between them at all so take no notice of these people who tell you that they can tell the difference because you can't I try and compare ours a lot because I was going to upgrade but I would be totally wasting money iPhone 4 is well worth getting

I used Bobsled to make free Internet calls on my iPhone 4 with the hotel wifi and had no problems. Never tried it with 3G though.

vatoloco said:
when you say speed are talking about internet speed? cause if so the 4/4s is not a 4g lte phone. so a 5s would have much faster internet speeds. but you would also have to check with your provider and see if they do indeed have 4g lte in your area. if not then a 4/4s would be a good choice.

What is a 5s!!!!