What's new

Is it safe to use iPad charger to charge iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcshaw777

Reaction score
Not sure whether this would damage the phone battery. Can anyone shed some light?

Yup you can use but i personally won't suggest you to do so. Because it's better to charge the device with its own accessories. And gradually it will ofcourse matter.

Its fine to use it.

Rather than start showing the maths and demonstrating power supply design, the bottom line is that ....

The iphone will ask less of the ipad charger than its capable of providing and the charging voltage output is the same.

Apple recommends that only the supplied accessories should be used with all their devices so i would follow their instructions.

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will stick with the safer option is to use the accessories accordingly.

I appears the iPad charger produces output of 2.1A where as iPhone charger output 1A. Both outputs same voltage but at different Amperes.

I suppose if I use iPad charger on an iPhone it will act as a fast charger.

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will stick with the safer option is to use the accessories accordingly.

I appears the iPad charger produces output of 2.1A where as iPhone charger output 1A. Both outputs same voltage but at different Amperes.

I suppose if I use iPad charger on an iPhone it will act as a fast charger.
you do right to use only the supplied charging accessories,i personally take no chances with my expensive devices.

I haven't noticed anything when ordering replacement chargers that was device specific. And that was from Apple directly. It says can be used with iPhone iPad and so one. If that's the case I don't think it matters.

This is a topic that has been discussed here several times before... and has started some quite heated conversations. To sum it up... yes, you can use the iPad charger for the iPhone. No, it will not hurt your iPhone as the iPhone will only draw the current it needs. Finally, it will charge slightly faster but, not enough to make any kind of time difference. THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.