iphone4 tethering vs mobile broadband 4G USB stick

placcy

New Member
Registered here just for this question, figured the most experience would be found here. On the verge of making my decision today.
This is AT&T only, adding to my home phone and cell phone plans I already have, I will not add an additional carrier.

Do I buy a USB Mobile Broadband Stick OR Do I upgrade my iphone 3G (yes the very first one) to a iphone4 and add tethering.
(NO, I dont want iphone 4S, due to price and that it will be very hard to find in stock for the next few weeks/months.)

Fees are almost the same, but the tethering is actually a tad more:
USB stick = $50/month for 5GB. Extra $10/month for each additional GB you go over.
iphone4 tethering = $45/month for 4GB. Extra $10/month for each additional GB you go over.

I always use 4GB-5GB/month in data, and every few months i might go over 5GB. This connection is for my personal laptop while at work. So say I went to 5.5GB on one month, the iphone4 would cost me $65, but the USB stick would cost me $60. I guess a $5 difference isnt worth influencing my decision over.

The iphone4 is less intrusive connected to the laptop than a big USB block.
The tethering costs more.
The USB stick is an extra device to deal with.
Device wise, one time fees: iphone4 will cost me $99 for 8GB version, usb stick costs me about $60.

Thanks for any perspectives to think about.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top