What's new

iPhone Sim Card Question?

Elliot

Reaction score
So,
Currently I am on a 24 Month O2 Contract, it is not a blackberry contract, just a regular contract.
I received an HTC Sensation XE as part of the contract.

However I am addicted to Apple products and wish to buy the latest iPhone.

If I were to order an iPhone directly from Apple, which I presume would be unlocked already because I am ordering from Apple,
would I be able to simply put the Sim card straight into the iPhone, or would I have to contact O2 to tell them I have switched phone.
Would I need to do anything at all?
Would I actually need to lock the phone to work with the O2 sim card or is it as simple as to just put the O2 pay monthly sim card staight into the unlocked Apple iPhone?

As much detail on these questions would be appreciated because they are a lot of money and I don't want to get things wrong.

Thanks,

Elliot

Hi,yes a phone from Apple would be unlocked and so can be used on any network,however the iphone uses a mini sim card so as youre on a contract i think you would have to contact your network provider and ask them about that,my provider sent me one ready to use free of charge,so my advice would be to have a word with your network provider first to make sure they will send you the sim card as you will want the benefits of your contract,hope that helps.

Thanks very much for the help, you have saved me a lot of time!