What's new

iPhone showing dots instead of service 'bars' Can't call out or receive calls

OP
L

lewbar

Reaction score
I tend to think it's a Spectrum issue. You say the phones are Spectrum through other carrier services, like Verizon. No one else I know is having issues like that with their iPhones. The fact it's more than one iPhone, leads me to believe it's NOT an iPhone issue. It's something else. Maybe switch to a better carrier system.
Thanks for the reply, but I did state in my issue above that my daughter and her husband have VERIZON for their service and theirs does it just as much, if not more than ours. So switching carriers doesn't do any good if we are dealing with two different carriers, but yet the same iPhone 12 series. Kind of sounds like it is the phone and not two different carriers. If it was just one, I would agree, but it is two different carriers.
Again, thanks for the reply

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I did state in my issue above that my daughter and her husband have VERIZON for their service and theirs does it just as much, if not more than ours. So switching carriers doesn't do any good if we are dealing with two different carriers, but yet the same iPhone 12 series. Kind of sounds like it is the phone and not two different carriers. If it was just one, I would agree, but it is two different carriers.
Again, thanks for the reply

Take them all to Apple, and let them have a look. Just seems odd all 3 of those in your family do this, when no one else's does. There's a common denominator. But I doubt it's the iPhones.

xrayeyes

Reaction score
Do you have wifi calling on or off? Is wifi assist on or off? I wonder if either of these is affecting your calls? Try toggling them opposite of how you have them set.

General>Cellular>Wifi calling
General>Cellular>Wifi assist (scroll all the way to the bottom to find this setting)

Most reactions

Latest posts