What's new

iPhone RSS app question

hankl78

Reaction score
I have been using iReadG Free or Mobile RSS free to sync with Google Reader on my Desktop but I really don't like the new Google Reader. Is there a free iPhone reader that can sync with another Windows RSS reader.

Thanks

The one I use every day on my iPad (it is universal, so I have it on my phone too) is Feeddler Pro. they have a free version as well. I really like how it works and it is worth the look-see in the AppStore. Took me forever to find one I liked. I wanted one that worked like the Google Reader with the titles down one pane with the article in the other.

Thank you both for those suggestions. The problem is those iPhone apps only sync with Google's RSS reader and I need to replace Google's reader and find an iPhone app that will sync with it. It does seem that all of the iPhone RSS readers only sync with Google.

Can I ask why you "must" replace Google's Reader? All it does is give somewhere to keep a listing of RSS feeds.

The new Google Reader has too much to much white space. The number of items listed on the left side and display area is less then before. It's just an ugly format,

Feeddler does not display the site. It only gets the list of RSS feeds stored and the read/unread flags. It has its own UI, not Google's. It has a free version, try it. you cant lose with free; if you dont like it, delete it.

Thanks Brad. Feeddler is great for the iPhone but my issue is on my desktop. Feeddler connects to Google Reader and that's what I need to replace and have the iPhone app sync with.

I may just have to live with what I have and hope all of the complaints on Google's forums cause a change.