What's new

IPhone Location History

jonnygrim

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had Android ever since the smart phone was created, and as I owned a Mac Laptop, Mac Computer and Ipad i decided that on my renewal it was time to make the leap over to apple.

I love my iphone, much more than my Android equivalent, but one of the features that I really loved on the Android was the Google Location History, it was so accurate. I'd forget which places i'd visited through the past week and what times i'd arrived there and so a quick look at the location history and my entire weeks journeys were there.

I've tried using the google location feature on the iphone but its no where near as accurate, is there a feature on the iphone itself that does the same, or is there an app thats much more accurate than the google one.

Thanks in advance

If you have Location Services enabled, there's a way to see the locations you visited.

Go to Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services - Frequent Locations (that should be enabled, if it's supposed to work). In History, you'll find the locations you visited. Tap one of them, and you'll find a map:
image.jpeg

Here, it's possible to tap one of these locations, to see exactly when you were there:
image.png

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, i've been in there but its not quite what Im looking for, its great it showing me my common locations etc, but doesnt show me the route for the day, looking at the iphone offers would probably take 3 times as long to work out where I was when.

I was hoping that apple would be able to show me roughly the same info as google, its nice in a little map like view etc it makes it simple for me to work out my route taken through the day.

It's tracking on the app, it's not showing your movement it in the app. You need a browser to see that.

I don't use the app, so I can't tell you anything but what can be read in the description.