What's new

iPhone 7 Plus Slow Performance/Home Button Response

Do what? What was disrespectful? Pointing out that there is an obvious flaw? Apple is aware of it. It think it was totally disrespectful for someone to say that the OG was purposely causing a problem or was the fault of the problem and then another person to say they didn’t see any "lag" yet there clearly is lag. That is disrespect.

This was rude....

So if it doesn't happen to you it is nothing. I see. Well there are two phones that do this on here, and Apple has numerous complaints about this and is aware of it and confirms it exist, so the OG isn't trying to make something up. Christ, myopic aren't we.

Especially this -

Christ, myopic aren't we.

A question - other than the fraction of a second delay in response to the home button what about the iPhone 7 and iOS 10 leads you to say it is so slow?

Just because someone doesn't see lag doesn't mean you get to call them near vision (I am guessing this isn't the use you were trying to get across, but short sighted doesn't fit either although it is rather rude especially the way it was presented)

You have worked with Berkeley's variant for a long time and that may make you an expert with it but telling someone unequivocally that anything you could say is way over their head is rude and assuming (I am sure there are many people here with experience in computer operating systems especially UNIX and its derivatives).

I have 3 iPhones, a 4S running iOS 5.1.1, a 5S running iOS 9.3.5, (notice the Oxford Comma[emoji41]) and a 6S Plus running iOS 10.1.1 and the response to the home button, doing what was done in the video, is the same on all three. I can absolutely tell you that the performance of the same apps on each phone is not the same - the 6S Plus blows the other two away and the 5S is clearly much faster than the 4S. Hardware improvements allow OS improvements and performance gains. OS improvements generally tax older hardware and bring out the best in new hardware.

I won't go into iOS's hybrid kernel design and all the changes in Darwin and why making the blanket statement that BSD sucked at video so Apple does too is so wrong.

R

Really? So questioning the OG and saying that they believed the OG was purposely not touching the home button to create an illusion of a problem, and uses the word "slow," that's not rude? Okay then. Or saying they watched the video and saw no lag, really, no lag, that is myopic when it is clear there's lag present. I am running out of iPhone support forums cause I don't conform to the iPhone life style of worshiping the iPhone with blinders on. I can assure you rudeness or disrespect was not my intentions.
It may not have been your intention to be rude and disrespectful of our members but that's definitely the impression that your posts give to anybody reading them. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but your posts seem quite negative to those who don't agree with your opinion.

Before making any further posts I suggest that you study our rules, especially rule 1.5
1.5. We will not tolerate personal attacks on others; we take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but please do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
A link to the full rules is in my signature.

Last edited: