What's new

iPhone 7 plus on the way, what to do?

I'm kinda looking forward to it. I usually enjoy a challenge. :D There's going to be so much to get used to it is a little intimidating. Or a lot!

I managed to get iTunes on my PC last night and I think I made it happy. Got busy and didn't get to read much of the manual so hopefully tonight some.
You will be fine, Anything you're not sure of just ask. Anything at all :)

You will be fine, Anything you're not sure of just ask. Anything at all :)
Thanks! My idea is to play around with it for a few days before I swap my sim card in. Kinda use it like a tablet at home and get it set up that way. If that's a bad idea, please let me know.

I did send a couple emails to Apple to see if the Move to iOS app literally moves or copies apps, music, photos, etc.

You’re very welcome. Yes, there is a chance as it doesn’t state clearly on article HT201196 that the apps will only be copied and not moved. So as a safety measure, please backup your Android purchases before attempting to use the Move to iOS app...

So it looks like I'm moving manually.

You're going to have to put your SIM card in the phone long enough to activate it as you can't activate an iPhone without a SIM card in the holder. Once the iPhone is activated you can remove the SIM card and use it over WiFi.

You're going to have to put your SIM card in the phone long enough to activate it as you can't activate an iPhone without a SIM card in the holder. Once the iPhone is activated you can remove the SIM card and use it over WiFi.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate that! Never woulda thought of that! :cool:

I think tonight I'll try to poke around on the app store and see how many of my used apps are available.

First a quick funny... Yesterday or the day before it quit making any sounds. Nothing, nada. I think I checked every setting a dozen times. All it would do is vibrate. I was ready to try a complete reset and then I happened to think of the little switch on the side... Yep, it got flipped. Flipping it back and all the sounds came back.

Is there a list in the app store of all the apps I have installed or have installed and deleted?

And I haven't figured out how to set tones for individual apps yet. That's driving me nuts. I really need to get that figured out. Having one sound for all my messaging apps is driving me insane!

If I get that sorted out I may try it as a phone instead of just a mini tablet this week. :D

To see a list of all the apps you've ever purchased open the App Store app on your iPhone and tap the updates button at the bottom right of the page, then tap the purchased button at the top of the next page. If you then select all, you'll see all apps you've ever purchased or downloaded for free, whether or not they're still on your iPhone. The ones on your iPhone will have an open button next to them and the others have a cloud icon next to them. Tapping on the cloud icon will download the app to your iPhone.

To see a list of all the apps you've ever purchased open the App Store app on your iPhone and tap the updates button at the bottom right of the page, then tap the purchased button at the top of the next page. If you then select all, you'll see all apps you've ever purchased or downloaded for free, whether or not they're still on your iPhone. The ones on your iPhone will have an open button next to them and the others have a cloud icon next to them. Tapping on the cloud icon will download the app to your iPhone.
Thanks!

If you use an app like Whatsapp, you have to select the sound of message notifications in the app itself, in it's settings.

In the built in Settings app, it's only possible to enable Sound for message apps other than Messages, you can't select a sound, though. So if an app doesn't provide it's own settings (within the app itself), that's not possible.

If you use an app like Whatsapp, you have to select the sound of message notifications in the app itself, in it's settings.

In the built in Settings app, it's only possible to enable Sound for message apps other than Messages, you can't select a sound, though. So if an app doesn't provide it's own settings (within the app itself), that's not possible.

Oh, okay.
Thanks J. A. I've been trying to get my Google Voice and Hangouts and Kik set and couldn't find anything. Now I know why. :(