What's new

iPhone 6S/6S Plus Cases.

A little bit is noticeable when the screen is off. It's unnoticeable when the screen is on.
Oh okay. I was advised to use alcohol pads on the iPhone screen and LifeProof screen to alleviate that problem. I'm going to try it when I put the Fre on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh okay. I was advised to use alcohol pads on the iPhone screen and LifeProof screen to alleviate that problem. I'm going to try it when I put the Fre on.

The rainbow effect is caused by the extremely close proximity of two polished, flat, transparent surfaces and cannot be totally eliminated, just minimized. It is closely related to thin film interference.
Thin-film interference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The rainbow effect is caused by the extremely close proximity of two polished, flat, transparent surfaces and cannot be totally eliminated, just minimized. It is closely related to thin film interference.
Thin-film interference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interesting....I'm not seeing this on my Otterbox Defender screen at all. It should be the same concept, however the Defender is not water tight. Maybe that's why.

Interesting....I'm not seeing this on my Otterbox Defender screen at all. It should be the same concept, however the Defender is not water tight. Maybe that's why.

It has nothing to do with the case being water tight or not but how close together the screen and screen protector are. Maybe the screen protector in the OtterBox case is just a little bit too far away from the iPhone screen to cause the effect.

It has nothing to do with the case being water tight or not but how close together the screen and screen protector are. Maybe the screen protector in the OtterBox case is just a little bit too far away from the iPhone screen to cause the effect.
Oh okay. It seems to be right on top of the actual screen.

I'm HAPPY to report, I have NO rainbow effects with my LifeProof Fre (I did the alcohol thingy) and the screen feels much better and more responsive than my Otterbox Defender. The Fre is much lighter as well.

Edit; I just tested the muffling theory with my home phone and I'm also HAPPY to report, NO noticeable sound difference.

Last edited:
Ok, now my LifeProof experience is complete. I just received my Encase Belt Clip from Amazon. Very NICE [emoji1417][emoji1476][emoji1417].
62a86ef45677691fd6be45068e4e5f3c.jpg

066db42e86bfd46319a582349542bd90.jpg

8e312bae001ead884a7439b33c8e4c20.jpg

A RED LifeProof Nudd case for my 6s Plus. It's not in stores yet, I had to order it from the LifeProof website. [emoji1417][emoji1476][emoji41]
ac776da1eaee44e2e9ad12881e65087f.jpg

bbfa220d3403d0baed4aa3e29f5d6ef3.jpg

How many cases will you have when this one arrives?

Not even close. On my other site, there are some who have as many as 20 or more
I will probably be skipping the 7/7 Plus/7 Plus Pro so I still have another year to get good use out of them.