What's new

iPhone 6 Shipments to Reach 50 million Units in 2014, Supply Chain Sources Say

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
452010.jpg

Apple's new iPhones are in hot demand and the single problems they are facing are currently related to the stock getting quickly depleted. However, according to a recent report coming from DigiTimes, it seems that this will be taken care of, as well. Here's what the publication says:

Strong demand for Apple's iPhone 6 has boosted Pegatron Technology's orders for 2014 and the maker is expected to ship close to 25 million units before the end of 2014, according to sources from the upstream supply chain. Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) will also deliver about 25 million units during the period, bringing iPhone 6 overall shipments to 50 million units in 2014. These estimates do not include shipments of the iPhone 6 Plus.

So, as we can see, suppliers inform us that iPhone 6 overall shipments will reach 50 million units in 2014, which is an amazing feat achieved by Apple.

The same sources also noted that, compared to the US and Europe's high demand for the iPhone 6, consumers in Asia Pacific countries such as China, are more likely to buy the iPhone 6 Plus, which makes the supply ratio almost even.

Source: DigiTimes

I can't wait to see the total figures for both iPhone 6 versions. I can see Apple easily meeting their goal of 70 million units sold this year.

I can't wait to see the total figures for both iPhone 6 versions. I can see Apple easily meeting their goal of 70 million units sold this year.
I'm eager to see the figures too, One in eye for all the iPhone bashers :)