iPhone 6 not charging well

xrayeyes

Well-Known Member
I gave my husband my old iPhone 6 last year after I got my 8. He's pretty rough on things, works outside. He's had trouble charging it and from what I can tell it's the port on the phone. It doesn't make that nice "click" when the lightening adapter is engaged in the port.

I've tried compressed air, a soft toothbrush, and a toothpick. Is there anything more I can to do clean it out? It's really getting aggravating...mainly because he's aggravating ME! LOL!

I do have a battery replacement on order to get his replaced at the Apple store, but they are telling me it will be several weeks. I do plan to have them take a look at it then if no one has other advice for me.
 
Argghh...I just got a call on his phone and the earpiece doesn't work well at all. He's been complaining about that, but I forgot. Maybe I just need to get him a new phone.
 
I was actually just looking at the Verizon website and the Apple repair website and coming to the same conclusion. This is a business phone and he can get a upgrade on one of the other lines on the acct. Even a 6s is only $30 with a one year contract. It's a no brainer after what I'm seeing. The tough part will be that he hates to get rid of stuff and get new. Hates it! LOL!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top