What's new

iPhone 6 how do I get photos deleted immediately?

cheapo

Reaction score
Heh, as per the title.
My iPhone saves deleted photos to a folder and would take up to 40 days to delete them!
Getouttahere!??
So, what do I do to be sure photos I want deleted disappear immediately?

Thanx in advance for any help folks. :)

cheapoo_O

Go into the Photo app on your iPhone. Click on the album Recently Deleted. Select what you want deleted immediately and then click delete. Otherwise, they self-delete after 40 days

Yeah, I did that already. Thanx anyway Bear.
It was kind of annoying to see an image I'd deleted two weeks ago pop up as a "memory" notification!! :eek:

Yeah, I did that already. Thanx anyway Bear.
It was kind of annoying to see an image I'd deleted two weeks ago pop up as a "memory" notification!! :eek:
Memory notification? That is something that does not occur on my iPhone or iPad. It sounds like you need to disable photo notifications. If you don't want to disable notifications for Photos, you can just opt to turn off alerts for Memories in Photos. Open the Settings app and go to Notifications. Tap Photos. On the Photos screen, you will see an option 'Memories.

The Recently Deleted folder was created to give users a way to recover photos they’d accidentally deleted.

Yes, I appreciate it gives an "undo"function, and it was more the notification thing that annoyed me. Perhaps I need to go on Apple's website and make a suggestion that deleted images aren't wanted in "Memories" after they move to the deleted folder. I'll try that, perhaps it'll get included in a system update. ;)

Or perhaps you should set up Notifications to your liking, the IOS is set to allow you this action and still allow those who differ with you theirs.

Well yes, but it's not the notifications that are the issue, just the fact that deleted images were thrown up.

I didn't even know about photo memory notifications, so after reading this thread, I checked my photo notification settings, and they were/are all on, but I have never, ever, received a memory notification lol. What does it do? Something like "10 days ago you took this picture"?

Yes, I appreciate it gives an "undo"function, and it was more the notification thing that annoyed me. Perhaps I need to go on Apple's website and make a suggestion that deleted images aren't wanted in "Memories" after they move to the deleted folder. I'll try that, perhaps it'll get included in a system update. ;)
If you empty the deleted folder those pictures will not appear in a memory notification.