What's new

Iphone 5 stuck while reset - broken home button

outlost

Reaction score
Hey guys,

wanted to reset my jailbroken iphone 5 via settings -> reset.
during the reset the iphone screen stucks (apple logo and status bar)
restarting or waiting doesnt do anything.
since the home button is broken and i can't connect the phone to the pc while resetting i'm searching for a solution to get out of this.

any hints?

thank you

Hey guys,

wanted to reset my jailbroken iphone 5 via settings -> reset.
during the reset the iphone screen stucks (apple logo and status bar)
restarting or waiting doesnt do anything.
since the home button is broken and i can't connect the phone to the pc while resetting i'm searching for a solution to get out of this.

any hints?

thank you
I hope you have a recent backup of your iPhone as you’ll almost certainly have to connect your iPhone to your PC and do a DFU restore. This will erase everything on your iPhone and update it to iOS 10.3.3. First though, you’ll have to get your home button fixed as you can’t enter DFU mode without a working home button.

I hope you have a recent backup of your iPhone as you’ll almost certainly have to connect your iPhone to your PC and do a DFU restore. This will erase everything on your iPhone and update it to iOS 10.3.3. First though, you’ll have to get your home button fixed as you can’t enter DFU mode without a working home button.

thanks for the answers!
thats exactly what i wanted to do, but i already tried to repair my home button month's ago with no success (new button didn't work).
I thought there is maybe a way to get into DFU without PC and broken home button.
Can i do something with the phone hardware to reset the storage? e. g. disconnect from battery or change any hardware?

I could try to repair the home button again. Maybe the new home button received was already broken?

thanks for the answers!
thats exactly what i wanted to do, but i already tried to repair my home button month's ago with no success (new button didn't work).
I thought there is maybe a way to get into DFU without PC and broken home button.
Can i do something with the phone hardware to reset the storage? e. g. disconnect from battery or change any hardware?

I could try to repair the home button again. Maybe the new home button received was already broken?
DFU mode is used in conjunction with iTunes on your computer to restore an iOS device that can’t be restored normally. There’s no way to do it without a computer and a working home button. It’s possible that the home button connector on the logic board was damaged during your previous repair attempt.