What's new

iphone 5 stuck on itunes logo

julio ortiz

Reaction score
Hi,i am in a dilemma with this iphone 5,carrier is ATT but it was unlocked,running on 8.0.2,i clicked on" reset all settings"and i ended up stuck on the apple logo at first,i was trying to bypass the icloud,it kept asking for a password and the kid i bought it from didnt remember,and the FMP app was still on,also asked me for password which he didnt know.i tried to restore and also dfu mode on itunes(gave me a 4005 error code) now im stuck on the logo and plug screen.looks a little wierd with the red itunes logo.anyway,can this be fixed??i would appreciate any help with this,thank you.

Hi,i am in a dilemma with this iphone 5,carrier is ATT but it was unlocked,running on 8.0.2,i clicked on" reset all settings"and i ended up stuck on the apple logo at first,i was trying to bypass the icloud,it kept asking for a password and the kid i bought it from didnt remember,and the FMP app was still on,also asked me for password which he didnt know.i tried to restore and also dfu mode on itunes(gave me a 4005 error code) now im stuck on the logo and plug screen.looks a little wierd with the red itunes logo.anyway,can this be fixed??i would appreciate any help with this,thank you.

I'm afraid that unless you have the password for the account that phone is registered with - you have an unworkable brick.

If the phone is locked with Find My Phone, the only thing you can do is get with the original owner and get the password. There is no workaround.

If the person who sold you the phone doesn't know the password, may I suggest you return the phone and get your money back. Because the phone is and will be completely useless to you without that password.

Marilyn

I'm afraid that unless you have the password for the account that phone is registered with - you have an unworkable brick.

If the phone is locked with Find My Phone, the only thing you can do is get with the original owner and get the password. There is no workaround.

If the person who sold you the phone doesn't know the password, may I suggest you return the phone and get your money back. Because the phone is and will be completely useless to you without that password.

Marilyn
We see this so often in the forum.
We have a buyers guide to help members with future purchase -

Before buying a new second hand device online iPhone Forum

Wow that stinks,guess i learned my lesson on that,now i know what to check so this doesn't happen again,thank you for the replies.

You're welcome, Let us know how it goes.