What's new

iPhone 4S or wait.

mmaann1122

Reaction score
Hey guys. My upgrade is on may 6. I currently own an iPhone 3GS. Should I get the iPhone 4S or wait? What is the difference between the 3GS and the 4S. And some pros and cons. Thanks

I had a 3GS on O2 and my upgrade is not til dec but I am fed up with o2s service I have decided to buy myself out and now have a 4s with 3 with unlimited data so no worry with any apps draining data trust me you will notice a hell of a difference if you had the 4 then not so much but from the 3GS yes. You will find the screen to be a lot sharper and clear the speed of the phone is great as well as the graphics. siri is new to the iPhone it's ok can be quite entertaining, the camera quality and hd video recording is amazing overall im sure others will agree its the best one out there and I can't see the 5 topping it what more can apple do to a phone that is already at a high spec cons I can't fault it sorry hope this helps

mdh said:
I had a 3GS on O2 and my upgrade is not til dec but I am fed up with o2s service I have decided to buy myself out and now have a 4s with 3 with unlimited data so no worry with any apps draining data trust me you will notice a hell of a difference if you had the 4 then not so much but from the 3GS yes. You will find the screen to be a lot sharper and clear the speed of the phone is great as well as the graphics. siri is new to the iPhone it's ok can be quite entertaining, the camera quality and hd video recording is amazing overall im sure others will agree its the best one out there and I can't see the 5 topping it what more can apple do to a phone that is already at a high spec cons I can't fault it sorry hope this helps

Ah okay! Thanks for the comment. I heard about this "yellow gate" issue also. Do you experience this or no?

I haven't come across this problem nor anybody else I know with the 4s surely apple will have a bug update to fix this if it did occur

Regarding my last post I put my phone next to a friends 4s and found I actually have the yellow tint myself

The 4s is compatible for 4g isn't it??

you do not know. so please dont go posting things that give false info about a release date.

Thanks!
its true that we don't know but please keep your comments friendly.

my comment wasnt unfriendly.......?

Your comment could have been better worded. Something along the lines of:

Apple hasn't released a date yet, so anything said right now is only speculation

Little flowery? Yeah. But it conveys the same message but in a more diplomatic tone.

I got my iPhone 4S today. Im with AT&T so yes I have 4G on my iPhone. I do not have the " yellow gate " issue. It's a HUGE jump from my old iPhone 3GS

It does not have LTE though. It's at&t standard 4G

I got my iPhone 4S today. Im with AT&T so yes I have 4G on my iPhone. I do not have the " yellow gate " issue. It's a HUGE jump from my old iPhone 3GS
Yes... you're seeing "4G" in your status bar. However, is a simple coding change that Apple made w/ the 5.1 update. You're still using At&t's 3G service.

Thomasjtsi said:
Yes... you're seeing "4G" in your status bar. However, is a simple coding change that Apple made w/ the 5.1 update. You're still using At&t's 3G service.

No... It uses AT&T HSPA+ which is AT&T standard 4G. It's not LTE though