What's new

Iphone 4s - iTunes error 0xE8000012

NdriqimHaxhaj

Reaction score
My iphone 4s won't connect to my computer or in any other computer showing the same error all the time I try to connect it on itunes. I also need to jailbreak it, but in this way it seems to be impossible. I'm looking for any solution. Searched in google for some apple support solutions, but didn't work. My 4s is with Gevey Ultra Sim, and I've still not restored it as apple says, because I'm afraid that it will change my baseband and than my phone won't work anymore with my sim card. Could you please tell me what should I do ? It looks like, restoring my 4s it's the only way for now...or am I wrong ?

If I have to restore it definitely, I should save the shsh blobs but it's impossible to connect my iphone 4s ( 5.1.1 ) to TinyUmbrella to save them.

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold home and sleep until the apple logo shows

I read this on some web site

go to setting->general->reset and select erase all content and Setting and wait for reboot and do setting as necessarty

I don't know if it's worth a try to you

Do you have something called wi-fi sync installed on both your iphone and pc? If so,uninstall them both.This was posted by someone else on another forum.

"Well, I finally solved the problem without any help from Apple.

I found in one thread in a different forum that the problem could be related to some "Lockdown" folder on the iDevice. I tried various suggestions, deleting, or changing permissions on a couple of such folders on my iPad, but nothing helped. I have also tried two different computers, even a Macbook Air, without success.

Then I found the folder C:\ProgramData\Apple\Lockdown. It contains SystemConfiguration.plist and <deviceid>.plist for all synced devices. I found that the .plist file for the failing iPad was missing on the computer where I am now located (traveling on vacation), while it exists on my computer back home (halfway around the world). So I copied the missing <deviceid>.plist file from my remote computer, which I fortunately left running and have full access to via Hamachi.

Voila, sync now works without any problems on the previously failing iPad 3

Of course, this fix only works if you have access to some computer where sync has previously worked at least once. I think the only other solution is to Erase All Content and Setting and restore from backup which now hopefully(!) works."

Last edited:
Does my phone still work good with gvey? Would the baseband change?
What does exactly that option, "erase all content..."??
I wanna be sure.

It's only resetting your phone. Nothing else. You would have to re sync. It's not updating anything so I would assume you can still use your gevey. It will not change your baseband as you are not updating the iOS itself

What does "Erasing all content and settings", means ecaxtly ? If I do that, I'll have to restore my iphone, and than would the baseband change ?

It erases music, apps, contacts, ring tones you put on.. It will be like new without re installing the iOS. It won't modify your baseband. You would have to restore from backup is all

Do you have something called wi-fi sync installed on both your iphone and pc? If so,uninstall them both.This was posted by someone else on another forum.

"Well, I finally solved the problem without any help from Apple.

I found in one thread in a different forum that the problem could be related to some "Lockdown" folder on the iDevice. I tried various suggestions, deleting, or changing permissions on a couple of such folders on my iPad, but nothing helped. I have also tried two different computers, even a Macbook Air, without success.

Then I found the folder C:\ProgramData\Apple\Lockdown. It contains SystemConfiguration.plist and <deviceid>.plist for all synced devices. I found that the .plist file for the failing iPad was missing on the computer where I am now located (traveling on vacation), while it exists on my computer back home (halfway around the world). So I copied the missing <deviceid>.plist file from my remote computer, which I fortunately left running and have full access to via Hamachi.

Voila, sync now works without any problems on the previously failing iPad 3

Of course, this fix only works if you have access to some computer where sync has previously worked at least once. I think the only other solution is to Erase All Content and Setting and restore from backup which now hopefully(!) works."

I registered an account here just to post this and let everyone know that reads this that it does work. I read this and then went to my desktop and copied my plist from there to my laptop and now my iPhone sync with itunes again. I tried deleting and reinstalling itunes but that didnt work but coping the udid plist works perfectly.