What's new

iPhone 4S: Error message, 0xE8000065 when trying to sync with iTunes. HELP!!!

Tinito16

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new iPhone 4S, but when I try to connect it to iTunes, I get an error message, 0xE8000065, or sometimes 0xE800001. I want to sync it but nothing I've tried (restarting the services (Apple Mobile Device Service and iPod Service), restarting the machine, reinstalling iTunes, erasing lockdown folder) works. Can anyone help me?

P.S. I followed the instructions here: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC
I saw a video in youtube explaining how to try to connect it using recovery mode, and iTunes did in fact detect the iPhone and asked me to update and restore. I did not want to as I already have some apps and pics but I went through it anyway. Since it was taking a LONG time, I went to get something to eat: when I came back, the iPhone had not been restored (still had all the info and apps I'd put in it over the course of the day that I've had it), and it still wouldn't connect to iTunes. I'm guessing the restore/update failed? In any case, how can I fix this issue?

Thanks!
Tino