What's new

IPhone 4s cellular data usage

westel

Reaction score
hi...i have 4s and i was looking through the phone to find out what the heck is using my cellular data...
So here's what i'm using:
NOTHING...
My e-mail acc are set to manual check...notifications are all off...location services are all off...in icloud option everything is set to off...facetime is off
All my app are closed with the home button pressed twice and closed so there is no application running in background and still...
When i go to General-Usage-Cellular usage i see that sent and received are working A LOT...
I don't wanna turn off cellular usage i just want to know what can drain internet when everything is closed ?

Any help ? Thanks

Did you go into System Services and turn those settings off? Settings>Location Services>System Services (scroll all the way to the bottom) I have every one of my system services off.

I had something using a lot of data and it turned out to be an app. But, closing it in the background like you've done did stop the usage. I wonder if you have one that still uses data even though it is "closed"?

Well i have tried you suggestion and again it's in use well now i will erase apps one by one and then we'll see what's using even though i don't have many apps

How about bluetooth? Also, turn off automatic downloads in Store and see if that changes anything. (Or rather turn off "use cellular data" Settings>General>Store

When i go to General-Usage-Cellular usage i see that sent and received are working A LOT...
How much usage are we talking about here? I suppose it is possible that you have a corrupt app that's using data. Give us a little more here please.

well here it is...Bluetooth...i never use bluetooth on the iphone because it's useless...i don't have automatic downloads in store...
from app i have few which i mentioned that are all closed...hmmm..It doesn't matter how much usage...it's like this...if i click to see the usage every 2-3 seconds or so there are new around 10 kb sent and 10 received....
Siri is also off....but still something is using the cellular data...hmm....i thought that maybe that auto send reports to apple option do this...?
From apps i have facebook twitter zynga snowboard opera dropbox adobe office teamviewer and fileapp that's all

I'm not trying to belittle your concern here... but it really just sounds like a drop of spilt milk that you're worried about. I do, however, understand your desire to know what's causing this "minuscule" usage.

found it guys....it wasn't an app nor an email acc i erased everything and started all over....it was automatically sending daily diagnostics and usage data to apple....
You can turn that off in Settings - General - About - Diagnostics and Usage

Thanks for the tips guys :)

thanks for the tip...turned mine off too....not sure what good it does to leave it on...