What's new

iPhone 4S - app wanted to apply distinctive notification tones to emails

Maike

Reaction score
I am located in the US, and I am trying to find an application that would allow me to apply distinctive notification tones to particular contacts, most important, to email contacts, so that when I receive an email for example from my brother, I know it's from him without even looking at my phone.

I found an app in the iTunes store called MailTones, that offers distinctive custom notification tones for different contacts - but it requires the emails to be forwarded to a "shadow server" that sorts the emails and then sends them back to me with the selected notification tones. I do NOT want that.

Another app, called eNotify, seems to be doing exactly what I want it to do, however, it does not have very good ratings.

Do you have any advice for me?

Jailbreak or buy an Android phone.

The answer may sound harsh, but to be blunt those are you only two real choices at present.

Thank you, Skull One!
Does anybody else out there have experience with the eNotify app?

I am not jailbroke and I downloaded Ringtones 500.000+. I found the ringtones I wanted downloaded them. Then I had to use iTunes to move the tones around (instructions on what you have to do are in the app and on iTunes). Once I had the tone installed then I went into my contacts, selected the contact I wanted the ringtone for, hit Edit then scroll down to Ringtone, chose the custom ringtone I downloaded and hit save. Voila..... I have seperate ringtones (songs) applied to each of my family members.

It was really easy.

I am not jailbroke and I downloaded Ringtones 500.000+. I found the ringtones I wanted downloaded them. Then I had to use iTunes to move the tones around (instructions on what you have to do are in the app and on iTunes). Once I had the tone installed then I went into my contacts, selected the contact I wanted the ringtone for, hit Edit then scroll down to Ringtone, chose the custom ringtone I downloaded and hit save. Voila..... I have seperate ringtones (songs) applied to each of my family members.

It was really easy.

For phone calls, that works great. No argument there.

The OP however wants to do it for E-Mails. And that suggesting doesn't work at all for emails since there is only one sound setting for them.

Yes, Skull One, that's exactly what I am talking about!

Sorry I did only see "contacts" and skipped the part of emails. I have mine set up for calls and texts. I have not found one that allows for specific emails.

I may just hold on to my lame Blackberry then until Apple comes up with more exciting apps ...