What's new

Iphone 4 tripod for video

thanks for the reply

No problem. I made a quick video on how this tripod mount works for the iPhone 4 ... in case anyone was interested:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/14067509]iPhone 4 Tripod + Mount from eBay ($7) on Vimeo[/ame]

I received my tripod yesterday. Not bad for 7 dollars. The part that holds your iphone kept coming apart (even though their is a screw there to hold it) I took superglue and glued the two pieces together. It will fit any tripod is what is really cool about it.

Hi there. I actually made a tripod attachment. I used a rubber case, and some hardware accesories to mount it not only to a tripod but to a steadicam I made as well.
It works great. here is a link to a video I used the steadicam with.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJGk9Tx6HQ[/ame]

The best one i have seen so far is from XShot (XShot iPhone 4 Case with Detachable Tripod Adapter) It is a case with a tripod mount that is detachable. All in one. Cnet just wrote about it and i have seen their press release everywhere. Its still in preorder phase. The cnet article even gave a coupon for $5 off. Coupon is: sneakpeekip4.

Wanted to share this new tripod mount I saw for the iPhone 4. It's pretty sweet! Works in both landscape or portrait. It's small, but very secure. You can use headphone jack attachments while recording. Actually everything can be used while mounted: charger, volume buttons, headphone jack, etc.

SnapMount Tripod Mount is what it's called. Can't post link since I'm a newb, just search "snapmount" in El Googs. $16.50 free shipping!

Man, I wish I'd read this thread before I used duct tape to attach my phone to a chair!!

I was shooting gameplay videos for my new game (Curvebot) - so there was an iPod touch and Blu-Tak involved too.

In the end it worked out well (although it took a *lot* of trial and error to get those reflections sorted)

Marcus

I ordered than one. It's ok, but the main problem is the spring holding the top claw in place requires quite a bit of force to open. Makes putting the phone in place a pain.

these are great because if your out and about and cant set your phone down on a flat surface you can wrap the legs around a tree and hang you phone to do video or whatnot.... i have a bigger on for my DSLR and it comes in handy..

Flexible Gripping Tripod / Stand for iPhone 4 (Black)

Heres the one i have for my camera...

joby-ballhead-x_1.jpg

Does anyone use a tripod to make their videos? Is there one designed that can be used with the iphone 4?

Mike Adams

SnapMount

Tripods have an adapter screw on top of their tilt and swivel head. The SnapMount takes the US standard 1/4-20 screw. If you have the other standard screw size there is a little screw size conversionadapter also available.

Ther may be others even better, but SnapMount was the best I have found so far.

Try these ideas for the tripod. I'm sure you will find the answer from one of these options.

Last edited by a moderator: