What's new

Iphone 4 text sound

knighty

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering where I can get the 'DoorBell' ring tone alert but as a text? Would be soo much better as a text!

Thanks in advanced

If it doesn't come with a doorbell sound already you should be able to make a door bell mp3 and use it for text messages. From what I've heard you can have a different ring for different contacts text messages.

You cant create custom text tones unless you jailbreak. There is a bell text tone but it's not the same as the doorbell ringtone...

You cant create custom text tones unless you jailbreak. There is a bell text tone but it's not the same as the doorbell ringtone...

Really? You can't use your own music for text alerts? That kind of bums me out. I thought I read somewhere you can do this with the iphone 4.

You can but you need to jailbreak. It's easy to create custom ringtones but not for SMS...

Well that's depressing. I like having my ringtones for one contact the same for phone calls and sms. Oh well can't have it all right?

You can if you jailbreak :D

The only way you could have the same ringtone and SMS for one contact is if you create ringtones from the SMS tones that apple provide...

I'll likely do so. It's handy to know who's texting me without looking at the phone right away. Have to see if I can jail break the verizon iphone right away or not. Thanks for info though.