What's new

iPhone 4 Push Notification problem/query

MiniOrc

Reaction score
Hey guys !!!

I have an iPhone 4 5.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked using SAM method.

I have 2g internet connection on my phone.

My query is : does Push Notification only work when the app is running the background or it works the whole time ?

My problem is : my Push Notification works but not in the flown blown way it should. Example when I exit whatsapp and if any message comes in a couple of seconds of exiting then I am notified, but if I open the app again after some time it has to reconnect and then the messages get updated. Also my twitter, Facebook and every other notification doesn't work.

Can anyone help me solve this problem of mine ?

Okay.... I'm starting to think that push notifications are a bug with either the jailbreak, or iOS 5.1.1.

If I find a fix I will post back...I'm having problems with push myself.

Push is always connected and you are suppose to receive push notifications regardless if the app is open or not.

Hey guys !!!

I have an iPhone 4 5.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked using SAM method.

I have 2g internet connection on my phone.

My query is : does Push Notification only work when the app is running the background or it works the whole time ?

My problem is : my Push Notification works but not in the flown blown way it should. Example when I exit whatsapp and if any message comes in a couple of seconds of exiting then I am notified, but if I open the app again after some time it has to reconnect and then the messages get updated. Also my twitter, Facebook and every other notification doesn't work.

Can anyone help me solve this problem of mine ?
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

thank you guys. My phone is on 5.0.1 and not on 5.1.1

I googled to find an answer and it seems that since my phone is hacktivated and was unlocked using SAM Loktar method the push is not working.

Anyway way I could fix the push ?

MiniOrc said:
thank you guys. My phone is on 5.0.1 and not on 5.1.1

I googled to find an answer and it seems that since my phone is hacktivated and was unlocked using SAM Loktar method the push is not working.

Anyway way I could fix the push ?

I believe there is some type of push fix available in Cyia. Not 100% on that tho.