What's new

iPhone 4 photography kit review

weisjt

Reaction score
Photography Lens Kit for the iPhone 4
Ok I have a review today on a iPhone 4 lens kit, this kit comes with travel tripod, 3 lenses(8x telephoto, macro, and fish eye) and the snap case used to attach the lenses to the phone. The kit comes from Allputer.com for $41.95, it is slightly cheaper then other kits i have seen and I have been looking at buying one for quite some time so I pulled the trigger. The kit comes in a very nice package with the lenses all separated to prevent scratches. It also comes with a small carry bag for the snap case and lenses along with lens caps.

FUNCTIONALITY
The Lens Kit comes with a snap style case that you install like any other snap case, on the back there is a threaded circle around the camera and that is how the lenses attach to the iPhone. The functionality of the case is just like any other snap case, it is smooth and leave all the ports and buttons open for access. The Kit comes with a small travel tripod with a spring loaded clamp to clamp you iPhone into place, the clamp is very tight and when the iPhone is attached it works very well. You can also remove the clamp from the tripod and attached it to any other tripod or mono pod. taking the pictures is exactly the same, except you cant use the flash as it is to close to the the camera and the lens size blocks it.

LENSES
There are three lenses and I will show you a little comparison with a test shot and a shot with the lens on. I do not know to much about photography but i can tell that the lenses do make a difference and enhance the iPhone camera.

8X TELEPHOTO LENS
When taking pictures with the telephoto lens I noticed that it needs to be really stable to get a clear shot, you almost need to have it in the tripod to get a nice clear picture . Once you get the lens all mounted up and ready to shot it works pretty well.

FISH EYE LENS
The fish eye lens give the fish eye effect to the camera making the range that the camera sees wider which lets you capture more in a photo. The Fish Eye lens also produces a little bit of a cutoff in the corners of the shot as you can see, it does not do this in the video mode.

MACRO LENS
The macro lens give a little bit wider shot as well as a closer and more detail focused picture. I found this lens to be the one I liked the most for all around pictures and video, it took really good close up shots.
test shot

Overall the performance of the lenses and the kit was pretty good. The snap case was a little cheap and could have been higher quality but I would use it for anything other then tacking pictures. The IPhone has zoom on it so you can zoom with out a lens but with the lenses the pics have a wider shot and stay at a higher quality because your not using the digital zoom. The video function on the iPhone 4 does not let you zoom so these lenses would give you many functions the IPhone doesn't have. I have seen many kits that cost 70 dollars or more and for under 50 bucks this kit worked out pretty well.

check out the link below for all the pictures and shots with the lenses
Weisjt Tech House: Photography Lens Kit for the iPhone 4

Attachments

• $IMG_3679.jpg
    $IMG_3679.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 502