What's new

Iphone 4 help

YanzGalaxyY

Reaction score
guys i have a problem with my iphone 4 im totally new bout iphones...well to start with this iphone 4 of mine is always stuck in the apple logo...even if i charge it ...it will always on that logo thus completely emptying the battery...i cant even turn it off...if i charge it again it will just put the battery on charge logo and then goes back to apple logo after a couple of minutes..i already tried the recovery mode power off+home button right? then i connect it on my pc then itunes detect it but it says that need to update software before i can use it then thats why i update it then couple of minutes it got an error because the stupid phone turns back into apple logo and not in recovery mode on its own....

pls dont close this thread ..if ever im on wrong section pls transfer this one and send me a pm that it has been moved..i would really appreciate it forum moderators :) love you guys!!! pls do help me with this one

plssss guys dont just view let me know if you encounter same problem as mine or any thread that has a solution to my problem

plssss guys dont just view let me know if you encounter same problem as mine or any thread that has a solution to my problem

I would try DFU Mode then set up as new device. Not restoring any of the back-ups. There are several helpful stickies on how to restore via Itunes on DFU Mode.

well i really dont know whats happening :( i tried the dfu mode (you need to turn your device off. When it is completely off, push and hold the power button. Count to 5 and then push and hold the home button (keeping the power button pressed down still). Count to 10 and then let go of the power button (keeping the home button pressed down). Count to 30 and you should hear some notification.) then i plug the usb cord into my laptop then still the apple logo appear but the itunes detect it and said that the software needs to be updated then i press the download and update and now its still downloading it says iphone software update(5hours)--fail lol....will it really take that long?

so its still downloading the software dunno if it will be okay...just wondering if then battery will last though
$ip4.jpg

could i unplug the usb cord while downloading the software? coz i think the battery will be empty soon....btw why didnt they design it that when plug into usb cord the iphone will also charge the batt? i mean dunno if it really does coz its emptying my batt.

here again adding up a detail bout my problem...so my iphone4 got empty batt but the download did not stop then an error pop out a couple of minutes heres the image
$ip4.1.jpg

PM one of the Mods. These guys really know the iOS and really great at helping. They are extremely busy but they will reply to your concern. I'm sorry I cant help much as I am like you.... just getting started on the iPhone.

so i finally got it into dfu mode then the itunes is recognizing it as "on recovery mode" then i download the update software but it still got the same error ..unknown error(9006) haaiizzzzttttt getting tired of this situation im into. pls help guys

thx a lot sir..now i already turned off the firewall and my avast....i dont know if its really just my connection...im still downloading it...i gues around 12 hrs already..actually its 81hrs remaining that is in the itunes...so i really search for other way...and found out(very slow) that i could download the ios now my problem is that when i search it ..it appears that iphone 4 maybe gsm,cdma or S? how would i know what is mine in its current state that it wont start

Last edited:
ahhhmm hehehe sorry im totally newbie with iphone....so what firmware will i download? the S? GSM? or CDMA? i guess ill just download the S since i really dont know if this iphone4 is gsm or cdma coz i cant open it...

thanks guys for paying attention to this thread...you really help me a lot...

No. Your device is not the 4S, so you won't be able to use it, it'll give you an error. As I've said, check whether the right side of the iPhone has a SIM tray or not. If it does it's the iPhone 4 GSM. If it doesn't it's the iPhone 4 CDMA. From your screenshot, it says the device is an iPhone 4, not an iPhone 4S. If it's a 4S, it'll say 4S instead of 4.