What's new

Iphone 4 Gpu bench scores?

Coach12

Reaction score
hey guys i am just wondering about other user's iphone 4 scores in the "gpu bench" app which is free from the appstore

my absolute score is : 32660
and my relative: 26650

I got
absolute: 34421
Relative: 29382

I have a Verizon iPhone 4, running 4.2.10 (I know - no jail break for me - waiting for 5).

Now - what do these numbers mean? LOL

I got
absolute: 34421
Relative: 29382

I have a Verizon iPhone 4, running 4.2.10 (I know - no jail break for me - waiting for 5).

Now - what do these numbers mean? LOL

lol they are a measure of your iphone's gpu performance but scores are weird...some iphones score veery low onees.

All iPhones will score within 2% of each other if the phone is REBOOTED, email checking is turned off and the phone has no other apps loaded.

The only reason there can be large swings in scores is due to a program running in background.

All iPhones will score within 2% of each other if the phone is REBOOTED, email checking is turned off and the phone has no other apps loaded.

The only reason there can be large swings in scores is due to a program running in background.

if i reboot my iphone and close all apps in background i get the same scores all over again which are a tiny bit lower than normal...why is this?

if i reboot my iphone and close all apps in background i get the same scores all over again which are a tiny bit lower than normal...why is this?

Are you asking "Why if I run the same benchmark 20 times I get 20 different results all within 2% of each other"? If so then the answer is: There is a multitasking OS running in the background still. What it does and when it does it, is the factor that causes it to be inconsistent.

To remove that factor would require you to boot straight into the benchmark. And there is no way on this planet Apple will ever allow to happen.