What's new

Iphone 4 fell in snow, will not charge *please help!

TannerV

Reaction score
So i was skiing and my iphone hit the snow a couple times. it was still working and the only thing that seemed bad was the microphone. Once the phone died it would not charge from a computer, the wall, nothing. It took a charge from my xbox but died and that was the end of that. Now when i plug it in it gives me a red battery symbol with the lightingbolt/charging thing in the middle (lol) . From here the phone wont turn on, only shows that symbol and gets warm. I have ordered a new battery but is that really my problem? any help is greatly appreciated!!

Check the LCI to see if there're any that're triggered. That might be the cause.

They are not triggered as far as i can tell, but the dock connector seems to have some blue corrosion

See if you can clean it up a bit using proper/appropriate methods.

what would you consider an appropriate method?

TannerV said:
They are not triggered as far as i can tell, but the dock connector seems to have some blue corrosion

If the alcohol cleaning doesn't work, you are likely looking at a new dock connector at the very least. There may also be more hidden corrosion inside the phone, as well.