What's new

Iphone 3gs upgrade help required

mohsin1122

Reaction score
hi
ive recently bought iphone 3gs but it is jailbroken
now it is on IOS 4.1 with base-band 6.15.00 i want to upgrade it on IOS 6.0 but i am unable to install it with itunes it gives different errors i dont know what to do
i also have shsh blobs for version 6.0 plz help me how to upgrade
if i upgrade it to IOS 6.1.3 upgrade is successful but for IOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak is not available plz help me

If your iOS 6 blobs were saved automatically through Cydia you won't be able to use them since their APTickets will be invalid. When upgrading the iOS on an iPad Baseband, either downgrade the baseband to a feasible 3GS baseband or preserve the baseband while restoring your iOS, otherwise you'll get baseband errors.

iOS 6.1.3 for the 3GS has a tethered jailbreak using RedSn0w and the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS. Make sure that you restore in DFU or Pwned DFU mode or you'll end up with iTunes errors.

$Untitled.jpg
check it it says that all 6 blobs are verified for my device Apticket is present and valid

if baseband is the problem then why IOS 6.1.3 is restored successfully

You preserved the baseband then. If you attempt to restore to iOS 6.1.3 or any other iOS without preserving your baseband, you'll be stonewalled with errors because your iPad baseband doesn't match that of the legitimate baseband of the 3GS. If you preserve the baseband, your baseband won't be changed nor will it be checked and upgraded to the current latest iOS, so you won't get the error where iTunes or RedSn0w would say that the 06.15.00 baseband is much higher than the 05.18 baseband that's currently available.

And checking for APTickets using RedSn0w doesn't exactly verify APTicket validity. RedSn0w doesn't have a functional APTicket checker outside of iOS 5 APTickets. iOS 6 blobs saved automatically through Cydia are fragmented and RedSn0w does not see that.

ive downgraded the firmware to 5.13.04 and stitch blobs to IOS 6.0 but it again gives errors
iTunes gives 11 and 1604 error
while redsn0w said that no shsh blobs found while restoring the custom frimware

If you don't have iOS 6.0 blobs, you can't restore to iOS 6.0. And when restoring to a custom firmware, you must be in Pwned DFU mode.

Bro i have shsh blobs for 6.0 but when i restore it using custom ipsw it again search for blobs online and cant find it custom ipsw already stitched with blobs

To be honest that sentence just contradicted itself in 2 ways.

Bro i have shsh blobs for 6.0 but when i restore it using custom ipsw it again search for blobs online and cant find it custom ipsw already stitched with blobs

I have SHSH blobs for 6.0, but when I restore it using a custom IPSW it again search for blobs
  • If you have the blobs, you stitch it first, then restore using that custom IPSW. It doesn't search for blobs again since you have a custom IPSW created already
....and can't find it custom IPSW already stitched with blobs
  • You said you restore using the custom IPSW, meaning you were able to choose it, how could you not find it.
Keep it simple. Use TinyUmbrella to retrieve all your blobs to your PC. Move the iOS 6.0 blobs from the default location to your desktop. Move the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the 3GS onto your desktop. Move RedSn0w to your desktop. Everything is on your desktop.

Open up RedSn0w, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Click IPSW and point it to the CLEAN iOS 6.0 IPSW for the 3GS. For blobs, select Local and point it to the blobs you moved to your desktop. If prompts don't automatically show up, click Next. If prompts come up, say that you want to preserve your baseband and that you know that by restoring, you're wiping all the data off of your device. It'll ask you to put your device into DFU mode so that RedSn0w can Pwned DFU it. Put it into DFU and continue.

RedSn0w will now stitch and restore the IPSW at the same time. After restoring, your device should be on the recovery screen. Kick it out of Recovery by putting your device into DFU mode, select the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the 3GS, and use the Recovery Fix feature in RedSn0w.