What's new

iPhone 3GS Bricked BAD!!!

SnapplePwnsApple

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined the forum as this is the first iPhone that I can't fix on my own! So basically I found an iPhone 3GS 32 GB for $20 and figure i'd take a gamble on it since the logic boards sell AS-IS water damaged on ebay for $50+ alone :) Anywho! So when I first got the iPhone it has absolutely no power! So I removed the screws and took out the logic board cleaned everything up and slapped it all back together and turned it on! I had a nice chrome apple on the screen that was frozen with no results! So I connected it too the PC and it wasn't detected. I figured no problem easily fixable just put it in DFU mode so I proceeded and itunes finally gave me that nice USB detection sound but I noticed Serial N/A Capacity N/A everything was N/A. So I download the latest 5.0.1 update and proceeded too try to update but once verifying with apple it Errors out with 1602 so I loaded up iReb thinking it may have been jailbroken and tried again now I got a 1394 I believe... so I changed my host file too make sure it was on Apples server and everything was fine , Same 2 errors. I've tried everything too get it too restore that I can think of, nothing seems too be working. I have a good feeling that it can be fixed because DFU mode connects too iTunes everytime but freezes on Verifying with apple for 3-4 minutes only too result in 1602 or 1394 errors. It's bricked really bad and if someone could help me bring this phone back too life I'd be forever grateful! :camera:

Also , I've had white screens but seems to be an issue with the LCD cable because reinserting it a few times and i've managed to now get the charging screen too appear when its completely dead but the screen is also black instead of an apple when I tried too a custom firmware. Really I just want 5.0.1 on here so I dont need too downgrade or anything like that , If someone could help me im in dire need because i've been trying for 24 hours now with very little results besides getting the unit too power up.

Also the Phone only detects in DFU mode , and TINY umbrella will not see the phone. iReb and Redsn0w will both put the phone in a pwned state but this shouldn't even be required since I just want 5.0.1 , The device loses communication everytime right as the update is about too be pushed too the device so i'm just wondering if this can be fixed if there is any hardcore GURU's out there!!!

BTW, The owner said she smacked her husband in the ass with a spoon and the device turned off and was not able too be used since. It has no water damage. It was in his back pocket so I figured it would just be a simple loose ribbon...

Hi there. Did you put the phone in DFU before trying to restore it?

EDIT¨: I just read the second post.

Open a new user in your computer and try installing itunes there and re-doing the process.

Of course! That's the only way my computer will detect the phone, but everything says N/A Capacity N/A Storage N/A Serial N/A

Is there any hope or should I just scrap out the parts and sell them on eBay?

I tried a computer that has never had iTunes installed with same errors and same issues. If you want I can let you remote my PC VIA TeamViewer and you can take a stab at it...

Last edited:
In your first post you said the phone was water damaged or am I misunderstanding?

Have you tried a custom firmware with the iPad baseband injected. If the phone has ever had that baseband on it, it will be impossible to do a restore without that baseband preloaded into the ipsw. Since your getting stuck at the verifying with apple step this could be your problem...

No I said i'd gamble on it because I see the Logic Boards selling for more than what I paid for with water damage... I havn't tried that but I can easily try it right now, But the people who sold it too me was older couple and I don't think they ever jailbroke it or did anything like that.

I don't think so ~

Edited by Moderator!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited by Moderator ~

If the logic board is damaged i dont think there is too much you can do. I know there is a certain type of oil or spray that a friend here in Greece uses to clean iphones that fell in the water (he is an iphone technician), but not sure what the extent of the damage is depending on what they did after the water (turned it on, plugged it in, how long ago it was etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did anyone salve this problem ?

I get errors 1601 and 1394.
Tinyumbrella doesn't see my device

Iphone 3Gs, previously IOS 3.x.x (don't remember)
I wanted to upgrade to 5.1.1
I tried to flash 4.1, 4.3.5 and 5.1.1 original and custom, same thing...

I don't have SHSH saved