What's new

iPhone 3gs activating problems

abaad13

Reaction score
I hacktivated my iphone 3gs (ios 6) following this video,

My iphone was activated perfectly but once i connect it to itunes, itunes still says to insert a sim to activate the iphone... I didn't have a fido sim at that time so i just restored it and now im at the activation screen. I used a buddy of mine's sim card to activate my iphone, but it still said no service. Note: the iphone was working perfectly before. I called apple to make sure it was locked to Fido. What do you guys think the problem is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really getting what you're trying to say. Are you saying that the iPhone is carried by Fido and that you lost your SIM card or whatever and tried to restore the iPhone and was stuck at the activation screen? Or are you saying that you deactivated using RedSn0w and after deactivating, your phone does not have service

I'm not really getting what you're trying to say. Are you saying that the iPhone is carried by Fido and that you lost your SIM card or whatever and tried to restore the iPhone and was stuck at the activation screen? Or are you saying that you deactivated using RedSn0w and after deactivating, your phone does not have service

Im saying that i deactivated using redsn0w, iexplorer as it says in the video. By doing that i got rid of the activation stuff on the iPhone (and i can use the iphone like normal) but itunes still asked to insert sim card to activate iphone.

But was the phone originally carried by Fido or are you trying to use Fido on it when it's not originally from Fido. IF that's the case, you'll need to unlock it first.