What's new

iphone 3g is not able to jailbreak!

KEGoramma

Reaction score
I recently bought a jailbroken iphone 3g for my wife. The software froze quite often so we did a settings reset on it. That did not work. She got on the computer and tried everything she found to keep the springboard from crashing. Nothing worked. When I say she tried everything she did. She searched for 4 days for a solution. We finally decided to rejailbreak it. It worked but the screen was flashing all the time. We decided to do a complete reset on it and rejailbreak it. We did a complete reset on it, and used redsn0w to jailbreak it again. Now it doesn't work. It wants me to connect to itunes. I connect to itunes and it says there is no sim card. I insert her tmobile sim card and it says it is not compatible. What do I do now? Do I have to get an att sim card for it to work or something? I am going nuts because now we have a $200 paper weight! Please if you know what to do respond ASAP!

It sounds to me that it was locked to another network and was only unlocked through jailbreaking. Yoi will need to unlock it again using ultrasn0w. Or, look into getting it unlocked via the network. If you don't know which network it is locked to, just try different sims until you find the one that works.

I got it to work eventually. I am on Firmware 4.2.1 and am running baseband 6.15. The only problem now is cydia isn't working. It has no record of the sources, and you can not add sources. It comes back with error's. I am trying to jailbreak it again to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't what should I do?