What's new

iPhone 13 irretrievably locked. Looking for help.

MrKwanDo

Reaction score
My elderly mother bought an iPhone 13 and allowed the shop clerk to set it up for her. She does not even remember where she got the phone. She did not take any notes and doesn't have a clue as to what was done but I surmise that the clerk set it up with no unlock code. Somehow, mom accidentally changed the settings so that the phone suddenly started requiring an unlock passcode. Naturally, she didn't know it. I have taken the phone in to the Apple store, but they could do nothing. I've talked to Apple support and they promised to send an email with instructions but they never did. So, now I have an almost brand new iPhone 13 that is useless. I'm looking for suggestions. Thank you!

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

You’ll have to put the iPhone into recovery mode, in order to remove the passcode. Here are the instructions:

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

You’ll have to put the iPhone into recovery mode, in order to remove the passcode. Here are the instructions:

Hope that helps.
Thanks, but that resulted in the same "iPhone is locked to owner" screen. To be clear, I do not have an Apple ID or password.

There’s nothing we can do to help, in that case.
If possible, contact Apple again. They are the only ones that can help with this problem.

OK, but can you offer any explanation why this doesn't work?