What's new

ios5 update failed & now my phone is bricked!

You all ain't gonna believe this. I just got my phone back to normal (without losing any data) using this simple link. It's a lifesaver :D

Here is the link:

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

I still need to find a way of upgrading my jailbroken phone to iOS 5 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Apparently something did kill my old phone, they checked it out & verified that it was no longer operational. I received a new phone since mine was under warranty. They installed ios5 on it for me & now I just have to restore all my music & such through iTunes.

---

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually shocked that your phone had a hardware failure during the time frame of an update.

You can brick your iPhone.

I have done it twice on my iPhone 4 trying to update to ios 5.0. I took the update to 5.0 on Itunes 10.0. When it finished Itunes states "The sim card inserted in this phone does not appear to be supported." The phone is totally useless, Itunes will not recognize it. A DFU does not work no matter how many times I have tried. Apple Tech support suggested to have AT&T check out the sim card. AT&T replaced it and their ITunes would not recognize it. Went in to an Apple store yesterday with an appointment and they tried to restore it with their special magic. They were unsuccessful in restoring it and gave me a line of ^%%@#% saying that the phone was defective and it was not until 5.0 was loaded that it was discovered. They said my phone was slightly out of warranty and they would replace it with another anyways. They told me to take the new one home and take the update again. There should be no problem in taking the update. I plugged the new phone in, it restored and then I took the update. Had a hard time hitting the enter button to launch the update. Guess what? The new iphone is broke also because the update failed and bricked the phone just like last time.

Does anyone have a clue as to getting this phone to restore so I can get back to my old IOS?

You can brick your iPhone.

I have done it twice on my iPhone 4 trying to update to ios 5.0. I took the update to 5.0 on Itunes 10.0. When it finished Itunes states "The sim card inserted in this phone does not appear to be supported." The phone is totally useless, Itunes will not recognize it. A DFU does not work no matter how many times I have tried. Apple Tech support suggested to have AT&T check out the sim card. AT&T replaced it and their ITunes would not recognize it. Went in to an Apple store yesterday with an appointment and they tried to restore it with their special magic. They were unsuccessful in restoring it and gave me a line of ^%%@#% saying that the phone was defective and it was not until 5.0 was loaded that it was discovered. They said my phone was slightly out of warranty and they would replace it with another anyways. They told me to take the new one home and take the update again. There should be no problem in taking the update. I plugged the new phone in, it restored and then I took the update. Had a hard time hitting the enter button to launch the update. Guess what? The new iphone is broke also because the update failed and bricked the phone just like last time.

Does anyone have a clue as to getting this phone to restore so I can get back to my old IOS?

Your not using the latest version of iTunes for a start!!!