What's new

IOS 7.1 beta 2 released to developers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 7.1 beta 2 was released to developers on the 13th of December. Registered developers can download the proper upgrade file for their device by going to the iOS Developer website. The upgrade is also available OTA for those already on iOS 7.1 beta 1.

An extra security feature is the Activation lock screen. If a non developer installs a beta software on his device and can't provide an Apple ID and password registered with a developer account on a device registered with the developer program, the device cannot be activated and becomes, essentially, a paperweight.

Do not attempt to install beta software on your device unless you are a registered developer.

$image-4025565067.jpg

$image-4016838176.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say that Apple's spending a bit more time with 7.1 to really iron out all the bugs since the I gel of iOS 7. With the major security and major UI bugs aside, they can press on with breaking down all existing issues and cleaning them out. When it comes to beta sub-releases like beta 1, beta 2, etc, it'll probably take about a month or several months before it's publicly released. Hopefully we'll see some more additions in terms of features with 7.1's public release

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

One of the things that's been changed in the beta version of iOS 7.1 is that Passcode and Touch ID have been moved to the main Settings menu from the General menu to make them more accessible. $image-936386957.jpg

Last edited: