What's new

Invisibleshield or not?

Jdsmitty10

Reaction score
I plan on getting a wrap around case for the Iphone.

I have the invisible sheild on my samsung eternity, which i like it..

But, being that the screen is glass, how necessary is it to use invisibleshield?

I am not one to put my phone in the same pocket as keys, change etc.

I know people have scratched theirs, but to me, isn't glass pretty hard to scratch???

But, being that the screen is glass, how necessary is it to use invisibleshield?

I know people have scratched theirs, but to me, isn't glass pretty hard to scratch???

I've used Best Skin Ever on my iPhone 2G, follow by Invisible Shield on the same phone. But now I use Bodyguardz. Totally no complain, the best of all.

The glass is not totally scratch resistant, depends on how you use it. But with such expensive gadget, I'm sure you don't mind to spend a little bit more to protect it further; now I dare to rest my phone on table without hesitation.

The best part is you get protection without bulky casing, people always ask me, "why you never protect your precious gadget?". My answer is, "I did, just that you can't see it "

I used invisible shield on my i4 because its glass both sides ad I was kind f worried that I would scratch it.
Even though I have never scratched an iphone since day one back n 07.
I liked the invisible shield but I grew to hate it.
I hate the orange peal effect and the phone feels cheap.
I took it off a few days ago and put it in a incase slide with no protection on the front and I love the feel of the phone.
If you never put change or keys in your pocket and you actually be careful with your electronics and dont throw then around you will never scratch that thing,

I've used Best Skin Ever on my iPhone 2G, follow by Invisible Shield on the same phone. But now I use Bodyguardz. Totally no complain, the best of all.

The glass is not totally scratch resistant, depends on how you use it. But with such expensive gadget, I'm sure you don't mind to spend a little bit more to protect it further; now I dare to rest my phone on table without hesitation.

The best part is you get protection without bulky casing, people always ask me, "why you never protect your precious gadget?". My answer is, "I did, just that you can't see it "

Your protecting it from scratches only right? a drop is another story...which is why i am going to go with one of the wraparound the edges type of cases...i definately would rather my phone break than use one of those HUGE cases...

I did a lot of reading about the various options and basically narrowed it down to IS and Bodyguardz. I went with the invisible shield for both protection of my ipad and iphone4.
I purchased mine through an australian distributor who were absolutely terrible to deal with. They never reply to emails, and are rude when they do. Shipping took 11 days to get 1 state over, which is absurd in Australia. Their website was invisibleshield.com.au so I thought I was purchasing direct from the company, but alas, even the US company didn't take responsibility for their australian counter part. BAD FORM!

Anyway, with this colouring my judgement, I fitted the full body protection on both ipad and iphone4.

Iphone 4 has the little side protectors and I put some of those on after the front and back. Firstly, it really isn't that hard to put on - spray the fluid everywhere and then put it on and squeegy it all out - yes its a bit scary to have fluid near your device, just make sure you've got a towel or something nearby to soak it all up ASAP.

What I didn't like about the quality of the IS is 2 main things.
1. The quality control is terrible. The little bits are not perfectly cut from the corners, which means you have to CUT the very corners of them to free it from the rest of it. Totally substandard considering the price it costs to manufacture these vs the cost we are all paying for them. This could result in you either trying to pull it off (Which I did initially) and stretching it beyond repair, or having little crap tabs all over your phone which will act as little areas where your fingers can lift the protector off. Not very good here.

2. Orange peel effect. OK, so when you purchase it, you think, how bad can it be! Well, it looks like you just sneezed all over your phone - yes, sneezed quite evenly, but still - what a lot of crap. People talk about it giving you good grip on the phone, but that is a total load of Bs. I never dropped my iphone holding it before I had the protection on anyway, so not a huge consideration for me. My friend has the bodyguardz, and its silky smooth.

3. The deal breaker for me was the perfectly vertical rainbow lines that arise on your screen! Its most evident on a white background, and looks like you've got a faulty screen. I freaked OUT thinking that I got water in my phone or something, but then had a read online, and it appears that these rainbow lines are quite common with the invisible shield and are exaggerated by the quality retina display.

I have emailed the company about this and obviously they haven't replied (As their customer service is an abomination) and have said that I will give it a week to see if it irons itself out, and if not, off it comes. I've got a bodyguardz on standby as my friend has it, and its really really nice.

Hope this helps - what I found out was that there are lots of reviews on the internet, and lots of scratch tests etc, but in real, usability, liveable scenarios, the invisible shield really gets a thumbs down from me so far.

Try phone devil! They are as good as they get IMO. And it's a stiff protector versus just the sticker type.

I wouldnt risk my iphone without a shield. Some glass scratches fairly easily I work with it allot, depends on the type of glass. I also make sure my iphone is alone in my right pockets to avoid any accidents but every now and then I plop my keys in there ontop of it, and then realize it after the fact! Invisishield work good for me initially however I have my otterbox defender now!

The screen on my iphone was looking awful with too many finger marks. I bought the HD anti-glare film set from an apple shop and it looks great. It has that matt finish, anti glare and no more many visible finger prints on the glossy glass screen.

i have invisible screen protector for my samsung and it really works very well and it fits very perfectly..everyone really appreciated my phone skin.

I guess at the end of the day anything is better than nothing also depends on how you look after it too. I always try to remember not to put it in pockets with keys. Ive been using ivisible shield works a treat with my speck case.

I bought the invisible shield at Best Buy and knowing how inept I am at getting these things on I paid the $8 to have it professionally placed. I have to report I love it. It looks and feels exactly like the glass it's protecting, and I have experimented with all kinds of direct and indirect light and have not had any rainbows thus far. The "installation" also has a guarantee, that if it comes off or anything else happens to it (like you need a new one) they will reinstall for free. Hope this helps :)