What's new

International iMessages?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
So my good friend is moving to the UK. If she gets an iPhone how would we iMessage. Is it only through the email address or do we use phone numbers?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

You can use either. iMessage is free, no matter how you access it. So is FaceTime.

Even if its an international number iMessage would be free?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Yes. I use iMessage and FaceTime from Canada to the UK often, and use the recipients phone number as the method by which I initiate the call.

Would recommend getting whatsapp , far better and very cheap for an app on iPhone ...
What can happen with iMessage is for whatever reason, it sends an iMessage as a text, this means the receiver will be charged... This won't happen with what's app, a free version is viber

I have unlimited text. Can you text international as part of your plan?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

I have unlimited text. Can you text international as part of your plan?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Your unlimited texting plan (in the USA) doesn't count for international texts (e.g. USA to Europe). You will pay an extra fee for international texts.

Marilyn

Your unlimited texting plan (in the USA) doesn't count for international texts (e.g. USA to Europe). You will pay an extra fee for international texts.

Marilyn

Thank you. I think well stick to emails for iMessage and FaceTime :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB