What's new

Interesting Touch-ID problem...

mrbeal

Reaction score
Yesterday I took out my phone, hit the home button and left my thumb there to unlock it. It didn't work. Tried again, no go... tried other fingers, nothing. I've read about person after person having their Touch-ID slowly stop working on them and having to reprogram their fingers after as little time as a week. I'm one that hasn't (until yesterday) had any trouble with that. I programmed 4 fingers the day I got the phone and 2 days ago they were all still working fine. So, in order to get to the bottom of the problem I started digging and what did I find? When I went into Touch-ID it wasn't programmed for any fingers let alone the 4 I had done and the "iPhone Unlock" and "iTunes & App Store" toggles were set to Off. It was as if the phone had never been setup to use Touch ID at all...
How can this happen? Is it possible my phone was hacked and I'm now vulnerable? That is my main concern - having a defective phone is a distant second to that. So, anyone?

Hi,
I don't think that your iPhone had been hacked. Enable TouchID and watch if it's okay.

Yeah, I did reprogram the 4 fingers as before... ID doesn't work every time like it did before but it's fixed. It was pretty eerie when it first happened though.

Hmm. I would go to an Apple Store and let it check.

I just may have to go have them check it out at the Apple store... I think I'll reprogram my 4 fingers 1 more time and see if I just didn't do a very good job the last time I did it.
Thanks for the calming words and talking me off the ledge about being hacked!!