What's new

Instant translator app

agnel08

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I would like to share a new app for instant translations, called Worldictionary. It recently launched in the iTunes store and features an impressive host of languages for translation to choose from.

I have listed some brief information on what the app is about, how does it work and what does it do below, Have a read at it.

Whats the app about?
The Worldictionary app is an indispensable travel tool primed to give you translation on-the-go. It instantly defines and translates words hassle-free. There is no need of manual typing or the fuss of taking pictures.

How does it work?
You just need to point your camera and definitions / translations appear instantly.

Unique features of the app:
The app comes with host of following features,

Instant “View and Translate”: This feature allows you to get instant translation simply by pointing your iPhone’s camera at a word you want to look up.

Host of Languages: Worldictionary recognizes and translates between nine languages, ranging from French, German, Italian, Spanish to Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean. No need to type any words to look it up!

Word Usages & more: To proceed with looking up additional words or knowing more about the usage of particular words, you can first snap a picture of the text and then point the word you want to look up in focus, one by one.

Please note that a network connection is required for the application. I would appreciate any feedback / comments on the app.

Here I'm here again to inform you that Worldictionary app cost goes down 50%. It's now only for $3.99. It's quite good cost to buy this useful app :)

Here I'm here again to inform you that Worldictionary app cost goes down 50%. It's now only for $3.99. It's quite good cost to buy this useful app :)
Hey guys, I would like to share that this app got update with Indonesian language recognition. :)

Hello friends,

I came here once again to inform you all that worldictionary had came up with new updated version 3.5.1

In this version they added two inapp purchase dictionary
* simplified Chinese to English
* simplified Chinese to Japanese

The price is $1.99 for each dictionary.

Last edited:
Guys, we have improved the performance of the app in the Version 3.6.0. Also the app has been compatible with iOS 6 now.

Cheers!