What's new

Instant calling and app shut downs.

brucemc777

Reaction score
Forgive me, I am new to this and completely new to Apple products, but I was impressed enough with the well thought out user interface that I bought one.

One function perplexes me and I suspect it is possible but I just don't know what I am doing. I want to open the phone to the "Home" screen, push an icon and it immediately dial a specific designated phone number, rather than going through a bunch of steps - press "Phone" or "Contacts" press the entity's icon, then press which number I want it to dial. I want to open, awake and press an icon that will directly dial. Real simple.

How do I do it???

Thank-you!

Also, I was shown that once I use an app then switch to another one, it actually remains open and I can find those and shut them down by double clicking the home button. Is there a swift way to kill all apps? I find that if they are still open in the background they are likely draining the battery, and without interchangeable batteries, battery means life.

Forgive me, I am new to this and completely new to Apple products, but I was impressed enough with the well thought out user interface that I bought one.

One function perplexes me and I suspect it is possible but I just don't know what I am doing. I want to open the phone to the "Home" screen, push an icon and it immediately dial a specific designated phone number, rather than going through a bunch of steps - press "Phone" or "Contacts" press the entity's icon, then press which number I want it to dial. I want to open, awake and press an icon that will directly dial. Real simple.

How do I do it???

Thank-you!

Also, I was shown that once I use an app then switch to another one, it actually remains open and I can find those and shut them down by double clicking the home button. Is there a swift way to kill all apps? I find that if they are still open in the background they are likely draining the battery, and without interchangeable batteries, battery means life.

What you want to do is not a normal function of the phone. However, may I suggest you take a look at this app, "Touch Icon Creator" ($0.99, USD). With it, you can make links for your homepage for a specific URL, phone number, SMS or e-mail. You can customize the icon to have a person's picture (so you know who/what the icon's for). Then, with the icon made, you can press it and it will dial the number (or open e-mail, send a text, etc). Maybe worth looking at?

For the other question - to close all apps at once, I'm afraid you can't do that on a stock device. There are a number of ways to do so on a jail broken device, however. Maybe you might also look into that? Otherwise ... no go.

Marilyn

Thank-you VERY much for taking the time to help me!