What's new

Instagram notification badgets not working :(

honestmuggle

Reaction score
Hello friends,

From last few weeks i hv noticed that i am not seeing "instagram badges" during notification.

When someone like my photos, follow me i get notification through notification menu. But when i go to the application. It doesn't show any badgets icon.
I checked the notification settings. Its absolutely fine. (badgets, sounds, banners) all are selected there.

Other application badgets are working. (email, message, twitter, facebook).

Its not working only for a specific applications
"Instagram"

Please help friends ;(

Sent from my iPhone

I'm having the same problem, only that my email badges do not work. It seems that every other app's badges are working fine. I'm stumped on this one.

Anyone have any solution?
Please reply..its not an ordinary problem...
We should rectify it.

Sent from my iPhone

This applies to non-jailbroken phones. The most common fixes are to delete and reinstall the application or do a hard reboot. Beyond that, it usually is a problem with the software provider not sending you the notifications.

Skull One said:
This applies to non-jailbroken phones. The most common fixes are to delete and reinstall the application or do a hard reboot. Beyond that, it usually is a problem with the software provider not sending you the notifications.

What problem you're talking about?

iOS Issue or application problem?

Sent from my iPhone

The notification system is a set of API calls in iOS. When the App is ran for the first time, it registers itself with the developers notification server, if they support notifications. If the developers storage of your data somehow becomes corrupted or lost, you will fail to receive notifications. The usual way to fix this is to delete the application, which notifies the developer to remove you from their database and when you reinstall it, it creates a new entry that should fix the situation.

Beyond that, then it is a software bug that will require you to contact the developer directly.