What's new

In need of antenna guru help

live_action

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post and I am stuck. I have repaired iPhone 4's before so when I got the chance at a iPhone 4 with new blaze orange glass for 25 bucks I jumped on it. The issue was he had terrible signal on his phone so my first thought was to factory reset the phone (it's on 6.01 btw) after that nothing I tried a new SIM card nothing so I ordered a new antenna and grounding clip and nothing. Now this is the kicker i thing the frame is having a grounding issue. When I sick my finger nail under the grounding clip and rest it on the cellular part of the frame I get service and when I remove it it dies again . Please help

ok, i got a hold of another iphone 4 i swapped out the logic boards and to my disapointment it's a problem with the board. could it be the actual connector? i looked at it under a micro viewer and there is a split in the circular piece in the antenna connector. is this the reason? is there a way to replacement?

I will take some when I head to work later on today. If it is the antenna connector how hard is it to get the part and how to replace it

See how the silver connector ring is cracked could that be what it is

Attachments

• $image-997114828.jpg
    $image-997114828.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 272
yeah,better to replace it..

Last edited: