What's new

Imessages

chris_engholm

Reaction score
I have just updated iOS5 on my iPhone and IPad, and I,m woundering if I only can send an textmessage from iMessage to those who have installed iMessage on their IPhone?.

I have just updated iOS5 on my iPhone and IPad, and I,m woundering if I only can send an textmessage from iMessage to those who have installed iMessage on their IPhone?.

You can only iMessage when the recipient has installed iOS 5 the way to know this is when you text the bar you write in at the bottom will either say SMS or iMessage so give it a second before you start typing. If it stays SMS it'll be a text message if it says iMessage then it'll be an iMessage. Also the bubble once sent will be green for SMS or blue for iMessage. To answer your question you can still send and receive both or one depending on yours and the recipients iOS

iHolophyte

I have just tried to get my iPad to send an textmessage but I can't send it. I have tried to wait on the textbuttom to give me a choise between iMessage or an regular message, but it does'nt want to do that?..

chris_engholm said:
I have just tried to get my iPad to send an textmessage but I can't send it. I have tried to wait on the textbuttom to give me a choise between iMessage or an regular message, but it does'nt want to do that?..

You can test with mine if you wish. I'll send a pm with my number. See if it pops up iMessage then.