What's new

iMessage bug?

the solution is to go to facetime. press on ur "Apple ID __(Email)_____" click sign out. and sign back in...it worked for me all the time....

the solution is to go to facetime. press on ur "Apple ID __(Email)_____" click sign out. and sign back in...it worked for me all the time....

Hasn't he already tried that. From the posts above? Or does it make a difference where you sign out and in from?

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
Hasn't he already tried that. From the posts above? Or does it make a difference where you sign out and in from?

iHolophyte

Btw I did that both ways...
I got my phone back from the "Apple guys"... BUT all they told me is: "If you want we can give you an iPhone 4! But it will cost you half of a new one."... They couldn't fix anything! YouTube not working, iMessage not working, FaceTime not working... Isn't it strange that they can't fix it?

I will wait for the iPhone 5 for now :)
It's like half year till it comes out but everyone thinks I'm very patient... Not so true but I will wait for it!

I just wanted to tell you that nothing worked... Anyway, THANK YOU FOR TRYING iHolophyte!!! Thank you very much!

If you have any issue in activation of FaceTime and iMessage. Please follow the steps:
1. Turn off the iMessage and FaceTime.
2. If your tel # are not yet added to your contact list please do so. Make sure that you select iPhone not mobile.
3. Change your My Info(Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar>My Info) by selecting your created contact.
4. Go to Settings>Phone. Check if your number is reflected in My Number. Then turn on your Show My Caller ID and also the International Assist.
5. Make sure that your apple ID are login in Store under Settings.
6. Once your done, close all apps using the double tapping of home button.
7. Hard reset your iPhone.
8. After your iPhone boot up. Check if you have Internet(WiFi) connection
9. Then turn on your FaceTime then iMessage. Activate by logging in your apple ID. Wait a few seconds.

Hope it'll work.

jacob11 said:
If you have any issue in activation of FaceTime and iMessage. Please follow the steps:
1. Turn off the iMessage and FaceTime.
2. If your tel # are not yet added to your contact list please do so. Make sure that you select iPhone not mobile.
3. Change your My Info(Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar>My Info) by selecting your created contact.
4. Go to Settings>Phone. Check if your number is reflected in My Number. Then turn on your Show My Caller ID and also the International Assist.
5. Make sure that your apple ID are login in Store under Settings.
6. Once your done, close all apps using the double tapping of home button.
7. Hard reset your iPhone.
8. After your iPhone boot up. Check if you have Internet(WiFi) connection
9. Then turn on your FaceTime then iMessage. Activate by logging in your apple ID. Wait a few seconds.

Hope it'll work.

OMG... Haven't you read the whole thing? I've done that in same order but nothing helped!
I know that I'm pretty unlucky!!!

If I missed it I apologize, but have you told us what phone you have? If it's a 3G, I think iIOS5 has major bugs on it, in fact I don't think it's supported. I wonder if that's your issue? I know this is the iPhone 4 forum, but you mention that they said they'd give you an iPhone 4 as if it would be a new item to you.

xrayeyes said:
If I missed it I apologize, but have you told us what phone you have? If it's a 3G, I think iIOS5 has major bugs on it, in fact I don't think it's supported. I wonder if that's your issue? I know this is the iPhone 4 forum, but you mention that they said they'd give you an iPhone 4 as if it would be a new item to you.

It is an iPhone 4! They said they can give me the same model for 50% of its real price. But I don't need iPhone 4. I prefer waiting for the iPhone 5. I hope it will be out the same time as usual.

My daughter had this problem and this fixed it for her.
"Finally have the problem resolved. She did a restore. We went to the Mall today and while my wife was shopping I went in to the Apple
Store. I spoke with a young lady who seemed very knowledgeable and explained the problem. She said re-seating the sim card would do nothing and that the best bet is a restore. She said there were some issues with the software update and that your problem was software related. She said something about IOS 5 Versions 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 (?) having issues.
She did the restore and the phone is now operating correctly. "