What's new

iMessage Activation Issues

cneroots

Reaction score
Morning,

I'm hoping someone can save me the stress of scouring the net to find a solution.

I have a iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1.

My problem is that when I try to acrivate iMessage my old Apple id pops up and For the life if me I can't figure out how to clear it and enter the updated Apple id that I use for the Apple store.

I have a 3rd Gen itouch and an iPad 2. iMessage is activated on the iPad 2 and has been working. The iPod touch wont accept the new Apple Id a well.

Any direction on this would help. Let me know if you need more info.

Many thanks in advance.

Delete the iCloud account and logout of the Store account. That should put you back to a clean starting point. Log in to the new account In Store first then use that same account to add an iCloud account. That should reset iMessage.

Thanks, will try that and let you know. Much appreciated Skull.

Just tried that didn't work :(

I previously tried a reset. You think I should add that step and then log back into the store and turn iCloud?

i might just reset and start from scratch again, which I'm trying to avoid at the moment.

Anyone can help me out here, I have non clue why my old Apple Id is stuck in the iMessage activation login.

Is there way to just clear this out or should i just reset an clear all data and restore from cloud after?

Sorted it out, just kept entering random wrong passwords and it cleared automatically, kinda dumb but hey Apple os not perfect, just very very close lol .